Saturday, July 13, 2013

Top 5 Lipsticks


In March I discovered Youtube had a purpose outside of listening to music and watching Blimey Cow. It also had beauty gurus on it, something I didn't really know existed. So I learned about makeup and I've picked up a couple (dozen) items since then. I owned one lipstick prior to March and I only owned it because my sister, a lip junkie, gave it to me! 

I've acquired quite a few lip products since then and I wanted to show my top 5, what I typically will be wearing on any given day. I also have an honorable mention at the end that didn't make it because I don't wear it that often, but it is a fun color that I love. These are in no particular order and I love each of them for separate reasons, even though some of them are similar. 

First is Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Coralberry



I used to rag on my sister for obsessing over coral lipstick and now I'm the same way! This is a classy but at the same time bright coral that I wear to church and more special occasions. It's a bit too grown up to wear with a t shirt. :) This is my favorite coral lip product that I own out of 4. Another thing about this is the formula. Revlon has different formulas, this one being the creme formula. It's my favorite formula by far and has a slight sheen without being a pearl finish. 

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Stormy Pink



This is a lipstick that I've worn for a bunch of different occasions including the play my drama class put on. It's also by Revlon and is the matte formula which is amazing! Matte without completely drying out my lips, although I do usually put on a lip balm first. 

Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Born With It




This was first lipstick I bought when I started buying makeup. It's a very light pink that is basically a nude on me. I cannot wear nude lipstick as my lips completely disappear and look awful. I wear this pretty much everyday as my basic color and it works with whatever I'm wearing. An extra bonus from this lipstick is it smells like vanilla, which is what MAC lipsticks smell like. 

Maybelline Color Whisper in Who Wore It Redder



I love this lipstick even though it is a bit misleading. Judging by the title I thought this was a red although it is in fact a very pink based red, not a full on red. This picture makes it look red but on the lips it appears as a dark reddish pink. I still love it and use it on days when I'm not as put together. :) This is the Maybelline version of the ever popular Revlon lip butters. I prefer this formula over the Revlon formula. 

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon



This type of lip product has recently become a huge hit, first with the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I have 2 of the Covergirl version but I bought this Neutrogena one because I had a coupon. It is extremely shimmery and I typically keep this in my purse. While I start the day with the Maybelline lipstick I will refresh it with this while I'm out and about. I won't be buying more of these but I do enjoy the one I have. 

Last but not least is my honorable mention. 

Milani Statement lipstick in Flamingo Pose



This was my first bright lipstick and it deserved a place here even though I don't wear it regularly. I bought it for my last school dance as it matched the colors of my dress. I sometimes wear it as an everyday to brighten everything up but more often than not it just sits in my drawer waiting. The best part of this lipstick is the scent! It smells sort of tropical and is amazing compared to the other boring lipstick smells. 

As you can see from this post I don't currently own any high end lipsticks, although I plan on getting a MAC lipstick eventually. :) I love lipstick now and I'm always buying more it seems. I plan on continuing this mini-series with nail polish and eye shadows and maybe other things like shoes etc. See you in my next post!


//387. Encouraging notes 388. Being active 389. Airplanes up above 390. A long anticipated trip//





No comments:

Post a Comment