Monday, July 15, 2013

Blessings in abundance

I realized last night that I need to write this out, to proclaim God's goodness towards me in regards to work.

This past school year I have had the opportunity to help homeschool and nanny 7 kids nearly ever Thursday. I wasn't expecting that job since I had known the primary family for only about 5 months. That experience was unexpected and a learning time not just the kids but for me too. When I started it I was planning on attending college like it was expected of me. However in October I made the very hard and scary decision to trust God completely and forego college. I had been planning my college years since 7th grade so for me to not go to basically left me with nothing to do. My most recent career decision had been to be a music teacher, something I decided to pursue even without the seemingly necessary degree. I didn't really know what I was doing but that was the work I decided to do. I gained 3 students, some of my homeschool kids, pretty quickly and discovered it is a big and slightly complicated leap from piano student to piano teacher. Despite my steep learning curve I was determined to become adequate so I could gain other students So i continued with my piano students and homeschool students while I finished up high school. I had been praying that God would show me what to do when I finished high school, whether He wanted me to pursue piano, homeschooling, or if He wanted me to head to college like I had always dreamed. My prayers were answered when I was asked to continue with my Thursday job and to it again on Mondays as well. At about the same time I got the job of watching a sweet little 4 month old 4 days a week in the afternoons. All of this while still teaching my piano students! I was actually overwhelmed at the thought of that much work! Sill me!

The baby went down to 3 days, freeing me up a little bit. I have had a job every Tuesday watching some kids while they sleep so their parents can go out. My schedule was turning out quite nicely. i was approached at 2:30 in the morning when the parents from this post came home with yet another job! This one on Wednesdays for 6 hours before I head off to my next job. I will get to add another title to my collection: Mom's assistant! I'll manage the house while she spends time with her kids or works.

I write all of this to say that I have been blessed so immensely by Jesus. I trusted Him o provide and He did, above and beyond what I could have ever imagined! It just further shows that God keeps His promises even though this isn't what I imagined it would be. When I say I love my job I truly mean it. I love each of the 11+ kids I work with! You want to know the crazy part? I didn't know any of these kids a year and a half ago! I went from wondering what my future would look like to a full 30+ hour week.

// 391. New "toys" 392. Sentimentality 393. Remembering 394. Object associations 395. Books on books//

No comments:

Post a Comment