Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Autumn.

I love autumn. The transition from the unbearably hot summers to a slightly cooler temperature is one of the biggest reliefs, until it shoots back up to 85 every other week. Summer is just too warm for outdoor pictures so the 70 degree weather has been amazing and a welcome change. 

However just because it's fall doesn't mean I automatically have awesome things to photograph. I still work during the prime shooting hours (I'll get a sunset picture eventually!) and my sister isn't the most willing person to get her picture taken multiple times. So trees are my go to, they don't move and they don't mind.

Also: sunflares. I love them almost as much as bokeh.


Bruno is often my study but he only works for doggy biscuits and only for a very limited amount of time. 



But when Littie is there he's alive and willing to even be athletic! 





During the month of November I've been nannying overnight (or nearly overnight) every week. The second and third weeks I was at the Crites and they get some seriously awesome natural light in the boy's room. 




(favorite)






I spotted the flower/weed in the yard and immediately went for my camera because IT'S SOMETHING TO PHOTOGRAPH BESIDES A TREE! I loved photographing them while in Washington (see here) except I couldn't blow it and take a picture at the same time and get the neat bokeh I got in those pictures. :(


While my new lens isn't macro by any means it has some awesome focus on it which my first lens didn't. Needless to say spending more money is worth it in regards to the quality of the pictures, it's a whole new world!



Loving the bokeh!

And then for a big surprise after picking my dad up I saw that our front tree is changing! Yippee! 






I love the vibrant and warm colors associated with autumn. I'm still missing the really cold temperatures and rain but maybe someday I'll be living somewhere else that gets that and I'll appreciate the mild falls that Texas has. But for now I"ll just enjoy the cooler weather that lets me play outside (I played war 3 days in a row with 3 boys) and take walks with the baby where I get to wear boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment