Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top 5 Nail Polishes


 I've always owned nail polish but it wasn't until I started getting into Youtube and makeup that I really took an interest to it. One of my new year resolutions is to keep my nails looking nice and not chipped all the time like I used to keep them. My general idea behind that was to paint my nails once a week although now I'm painting them more like twice a week. I am a nail polish snob of sorts as I won't use Sally Hansen anymore. I've had too many bad experiences with all of those kinds of polishes that it isn't worth buying them anymore despite the fact that they are more inexpensive. I love Essie nail polish as you can see but I am branching out a little bit now. Orly is another good brand with a good consistency and I recently bought the Nails inc polish because of the color. Without further ado here are my top five plus a bonus one!


Nails Inc- Baker Street




I bought this polish because I saw it on Pinterest and kind of freaked out. The pictures are awful, my apologies, because the lighting is not the greatest. It is TARDIS blue and is called Baker Street, as in Sherlock. The perfect BBC polish! In all reality I do love this color. The first picture of it on my nails is one coat and the second is one coat and a top coat. I don't really like this polish with the top coat as I think it dulls the color and the polish itself does pretty well against chips.


Essie-E-nuf is E-nuf





I'm in a coral phase this summer so I'm all over this one. :) It's more of a red coral and the formula is one of the good ones from Essie. One coat and I'm done! The bottle is a mess because I was messing around in it during this video on the Youtube channel I share with my sister. I'm going to be taking this with me on my trip this week to Seattle. 


Essie-In the Cab-Ana





 I bought this polish because Eleventh Gorgeous recommended it on one of their late spring/early summer videos. I totally failed painting my nails on this one so just ignore that. :) This is another nail polish from Essie that has a really good formula. It's very thick but not quite gloppy and one semi-thin coat does it. I was thinking of taking this with me on vacation but the next nail polish beat it out. 


Essie-Boom Boom Room





I bought this polish after a bunch of Youtubers recommended it and I definitely have not regretted it! It's a very bright, almost neon, light pink that again has Essie's good formula. I will be wearing this in Seattle for my cousin's wedding as the color matches what I'm wearing. I love this polish because it's feminine and light pink but still bright enough to be a fun summer color. 


Orly-Passion Fruit




 I absolutely LOVE this nail polish. I was at Ulta buying yet another Essie polish when I saw this one and snatched it up. the only thing with this polish is that because it's neon it does better with a white base coat, I used Essie Blanc. My pinkie and ring finger have the white base coat and the others do not. While the white makes it more neon it does tend to show at the edges which isn't so great. 

Last but not least I thought I would show my favorite top coat. 

Seche Vite Top Coat


I have tried many top coats, all of the Sally Hansen, Pure Ice, and Revlon. This is the best by far and it seriously is a fast drying top coat. I put this on pretty heavy and my nails are completely dry in about 15 seconds! 


I hope you've enjoyed another installment of Top 5! The pictures are terrible and my hands were not very steady today but I hope the jist of what I wanted to get across did. I love me some nail polish and I'm continually adding to it and updating my favorites. Nail polish and lipsticks are my makeup weaknesses. :) Good thing is they're not terribly expensive! Essie costs about $7-8 depending on where I buy it, Orly costs about $8, Nails Inc costs $9.50, and the Seche Vite top coat costs about $6 or so. I do intend to buy a Butter London nail polish someday but the price is holding me back. $15 dollars for a nail polish is a bit steep. I'll be back on here soon writing about my vacation when I get back. I'm not sure if I'm going to be on here before I get back on August 13 but I suppose we'll see!








No comments:

Post a Comment